Nilai International School firmly believes in providing opportunities to deserving students to fulfill their potential through the Cambridge international syllabus.
We are offering two categories of scholarships to enable students to shine their light. These are the High Achiever Scholarship and the Merit Scholarship.
Please apply if you have outstanding academic achievement or if you are involved in co-curricular activities at an Exceptional or National level.
These Scholarships are open to all students aged between 11-15 years of age who are seeking admission into:
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
Scholarships are only open to new students/applicants who have not previously studied at Nilai International School.
NIS Scholarship Programme:
- NIS High Achiever Scholarship students are awarded a 100% discount on school tuition fees throughout their entire education at NIS.
- NIS Merit Scholarship students are awarded a 50% discount on school tuition fees throughout their entire education at NIS.
Terms and Conditions (to be read with the general T&Cs)
- Applicants should be A grade students (Cambridge Level 6) in the core subjects English, Mathematics and Science as shown by original report cards/UPSR/PT3 or Cambridge Checkpoint examinations.
- Applicants must be involved in co-curricular activities at a high level.
Some students who may not quite reach all the conditions of section A in terms of academic achievement but may be representing or performing at a National/Exceptional level will be given special consideration.
- Applicants must have an excellent discipline record. The principal or deputy principal of the student’s previous school certifies in writing that this student has an outstanding behavior record.
- Applicants are required to write a 300 word essay on the meaning of the Nilai International School motto “Let Your Light Shine”.
- Outstanding students whose parental income would inhibit them from attending an International school will be given some special consideration (please discuss this confidentially with our Registrar).
- Students must continue to perform at an outstanding level throughout their schooling at NIS.
How to Apply
- Fill in the Scholarship Application Form and Application for Enrolment Form
- Provide a copy of Cambridge Checkpoint Year 6/UPSR/Cambridge Checkpoint Year 9/PT3 trial (OR Actual) examinations results, which have been verified by the current school. Copies of previous years’ examinations / academic report must be attached as well.
- Copies of Awards and Certificates of academic and co-curricular achievements.
- Reference letter on achievement from a teacher at their current school
- Applicants who do not qualify will be automatically disqualified without prior verbal or written notice.
- Qualified applicants must attend the entrance exam and interview conducted by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Closing date for application: Wednesdays, 15 Nov 2017 (For UPSR students)
The above documents must be mailed/hand delivered to:
Scholarship Selection Committee
Nilai International School
No 3, Persiaran Universiti
Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus
For more details, please contact the Principal or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.